GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
At GE Oil & Gas Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industry-energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Services Development Leader
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
San Ramon, Longmont, Houston, New Orleans
The Sr Director - Digital Operations - Technology Solutions is responsible for the technical aspects of customer engagements. S/he will provide the leadership and vision required to manage and grow the technical solution architect group, creating a customer-oriented culture that drives successful customer initiatives from a proof of concept through final solution deliver.
S/he will work collaboratively to develop and drive common processes and capabilities with the overall GE Digital organization.
In this role, you will:
* Manage a team of trusted Oil and Gas technical advisors
* Function as the technical engagement leader through customer discussions
* Drive conversations with customer technical architects and business stakeholders for functions such as security, performance, development process, and application governance
* Hands on leadership with internal, customer and partner resources and teams to deliver successful customer engagements
* Leverage influence in cross functional team environments
* Experience delivering and architecting cloud offerings
* Build a team of technical solution resources which can provide guidance on best practices, functional architecture, and solution design
* Lead proof of concept and other development teams
* Ensure the creation of standard templates for project technical and integration documents which leverage predix best practices and engagement specific documentation related to a customer's infrastructure and requirements
* Support implementation needs, through Solution architect and development staff, to drive to successful resolution.
* Identification and pro-active management of risk areas, through standard operating metrics and management communications and drive to issue resolution.
* Manage customer expectations; negotiate solutions to complex problems with both the customer and third-party partners.
* Bachelor's Degree in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* Master's Degree in Business Administration preferred
* A minimum of 7+ years of experience along with established leadership across the discipline and function
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA, Houston, TX, New Orleans, LA or Longmont, CO
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Ability to understand the unique business requirements of business and IT departments and translating/presenting those needs into a compelling solution
* Experience managing teams of architects, solution engineers in a customer facing, consultative role
* Ability to think strategically as well as execute tactically
* Solid knowledge of application development including coding, business process modeling, data design, web-based development and architecture
* Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
* Ability to communicate to and at all levels of the organization.
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Demonstrated competency in business process management methodologies and tools
* Demonstrated effective oral, written, and presentation communication skills
* People management and influence management
* Willing to travel 50% or more
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.