GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. We take the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Services Gearbox and Rotating Parts Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Services Gearbox and Rotating Parts Engineer will work as a design engineer to develop and coordinate new product development for our transactional service business along with sourcing support activities. You will demonstrate technical, specifically for gears and bearings used across the installed base of wind turbine platforms and the Services NPI (New Product Information) platform.
As the Services Gearbox and Rotating Parts Engineer, you will:
• Develop services product offerings specific to wind turbine rotating parts and gearboxes
• Work with cross functional business teams to deliver faster product offerings and generate new ideas
• Work with GE service shops to develop optimized procedures and part fit ups
• Contribute to design / analysis documentation, e.g. Specifications, Design Practices, BoM (Bill of Materials), Work Desk Instructions (WDI), etc
• Support site failure analysis and correction, supplier qualification / deviation disposition and GE manufacturing on all technical issues related services offerings
• Work on the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
• Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
• Participate in technical and program reviews
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
• GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Design experience on roller bearings and their applications
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in an industrial engineering position with technical background
• Experience with bearing lubrication design requirements
• Experience in gearbox and gear manufacturing
• Experience in supplier qualifications
• Strong engineering fundamentals such as bearing life calculations, gear design, attention to detail, good understanding of drawings, familiarity with geometric dimensioning & tolerancing (GD&T), design calculations, component system design and validation techniques
• Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal
• Ability to work in a matrix team environment
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.