Ensures THD At Home Services compliance with state and local regulatory license requirements which includes holding and maintaining specific trade licenses, building and maintaining relationships with state and local officials and trade organizations, overseeing Field compliance activities (e.g. Service Provider compliance with licensing, permitting, professional standards, etc.), and performing Service Provider jobsite quality and compliance audits.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for the compliance of all jobs performed by THD Service Providers in their specific categories and geography; must fully act and bind THD in all matters in any manner connected with the building contractor business
- Responsible for ensuring Service Providers are complying with all state and local regulatory contractor requirements (licensure, permitting, inspection) and trade standards; oversee Field compliance activities, such as jobsite Quality Audits and jobsite supervision.
- Perform all duties necessary to attain and/or maintain specific trade licenses on behalf of THD, such as take state regulated exams and complete continuing education requirements.
- Primary decision-maker regarding resolution of customer complaints related to THD Services installations, including authority to approve customer satisfaction mark-downs up to $1,000.
- Meet with state and local officials and/or trade groups to discuss and/or resolve compliance issues
- Perform ad hoc data analysis to identify areas of risk and/or non-compliance; report findings and propose solutions and suggested process improvements to Service Compliance
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Director National Services
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadership of a work group: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Must currently hold one of the following:
- Valid state issued HVAC License
- Valid state issued Master Electrician License
- Valid state issued Master Plumber license
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 6 years
Most of the time is spent sitting or standing in the same location or there may be a need to stoop regularly or move/lift light material or equipment (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Strong relationships with state and local regulatory agencies and/or trade organizations.
- Bachelors Degree
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Office Suite.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to pass any state/county/city regulated trade exams within a specified region
- Ability to effectively manage Service Provider performance to ensure full compliance with regulatory law and their Service Provider Agreement
- Effective interpersonal skills as evidenced by the ability to develop relationships and persuade others to resolve problems, change people's minds and directly produce customer satisfaction.
- Ability to perform data analysis and derive meaningful conclusions.
- Ability to develop and implement process improvements and resolve complex issues
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!