GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. As a division of General Electric Company,GE Transportationis a global technology leader and supplier to the railroad, mining, marine, stationary power, and drilling industries. We drive change and progress - by rail and across oceans. We go farther and dig deeper, with advanced technology that connects people, data and machines, so resources can be gathered, goods can be transported and economies can thrive. GE Transportation is headquartered in Chicago, IL, and employs approximately 12,000 employees worldwide. Learn more about GE Transportation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Services Manager - Materials Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Service Manager - Materials management is responsible for facilitating transactions, producing, assembling and delivering replacement/ repair parts and equipment as part of a Services agreement or order. In this role you will process transactions, manage processes, material management, site operations or warehouse logistics and shipping while sometimes in a shop environment with craft and non-craft labor having sole responsibility for these activities.
In this role you will:
* Be responsible for material planning and inventory metrics across a service segment
* Monitor the results of changes to the inventory plan / forecast and recommend modifications
* Plan for prevention of excess inventory and stock outs
* Work with all levels of personnel (hourly, supervisory, and general foreperson) to resolve issues, track material availability, and advise on material usage
* Work with customers externally and internally to identify new opportunities to improve our current processes
* Lead Inquiry to Order (ITO) processes through Order to Remittance (OTR)
* Deliver business sales, contribution margin, develop proposals; negotiate with customers; drive competitive pricing
* Develop a year plan for your department
* Be involved in discussions with other functions and teams about improvement in processes, procedures and ways of working and contribute to plan of larger unit
* Communicate across direct organization
* Present to senior leaders (EB and SEB) in specific technical space and on cross functional teams on how technologies interconnect and contribute to overall strategy.
* Work with diverse clients in a region
* Follow frameworks to get through the processes
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Services)
* A minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Materials Management
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Ability to lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Strong and effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.