Power Water & Distributed Power
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Services Manager - Petersburg IN
Field Services and Maintenance
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Services Manager will lead a team of technical professionals performing field operations. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance, financial, contractual and service fulfillment through established company procedures.
It is expected that the candidate will possess knowledge of water treatment equipment and be able to commission, troubleshoot and operate evaporators, crystallizers, reverse osmosis (RO) systems, micro-filtration, clarification and conventional filtration systems. You should also be able to review construction installation of water treatment systems to determine completeness and other customized water purification equipment and applications.
As the Service Manager, you will:
* Interface with Equipment Project Management, Mobile, BOO, Capital and Chemical Ops Teams to meet customer requirements and expectations
* Provide hands on technical guidance and mentors Field Service personnel
* Be responsible for all Field Service operational metrics within geography, including Environmental, Health and Safety, quality of service, utilization, and cost to serve
* Lead a team of Technical experts to ensure execution of all Operations and Maintenance work on the site
* Ensure Utilization of proper procedures and equipment when handling chemicals, examples of chemicals handled: HCl, NaOH, H2SO4, N2H4, Al2 (SO4) 3, O3, etc.
* Be a consultant with customer management and technical counterparts including communications with other customer operators, Field managers, Environmental Health and Safety, sales, engineering, logistics, outside contractors and plant operators regarding equipment and operations regularly
* Perform water analysis and collect samples for preparation, labeling and shipment to designated laboratory for analysis
* Conduct preventative maintenance and calibrate equipment per established process
* Monitor equipment performance and operation
* Maintain monthly reports (charts / graphs), monthly Safety audits, daily and/or weekly reports,
* Write work procedures, Job Safety Analysis, maintenance / repair schedules
* Maintain inventory of spare parts and adequate supply of chemicals and replacement parts and have the ability to track usage, anticipate peek needs and balance inventory levels including inventory reconciliation and reordering
* Ensure compliance of volume and quality per the customer's contract specifications
* Work with PLC controls, understand water process treatment design, and repair pumps, instruments and control panels and have strong PC skills including experience with MS Excel, Word, & Access. Also a firm knowledge of programming DCS systems and able to take instruction over the phone to change the RS logics programming
* Be able to read and understand Process Flow Diagram (PFDs) and Piping and Instrumentation Drawing (P&IDs)
* Participate in on-site project management (start-up and commissioning), troubleshooting, Clean In Place, PVC repair, cut / glue up to, but not limited to 6" PVC, valve change outs, backwashing, air scrubbing, sluicing, chemical drum / tote change outs, filter bag and cartridge filter replacements, RO membrane replacements, basic electrical troubleshooting, etc. Foxboro, Fisher and Rosemount instrumentation experience required
* Have a basic knowledge of rotating equipment, centrifugal pumps, chemical addition pumps and centrifugal compressors, is an advantage
* Have the ability to trouble shoot electrical problems and correct if necessary
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
* Minimum of 5 years of work experience in water treatment field
* Ability to gain and maintain access to the customer site
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate with customers
* Ability to successfully lead a team in a matrix environment
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
* Demonstrated Program / Project management skills
* Bachelor's Degree (Chemistry, CE, EE, ME, IE or Environmental Engineering) from an accredited college or university
* Minimum of 2 years of supervisory / leadership experience
* Experience on GEWPT equipment or industry related equipment
* Experience with large scale equipment commissioning and operations
* Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Power Point, Word, Excel) and ability to learn company and site specific computer applications
* Strong communication (written and oral)
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong analytical skills and Business Acumen
* Ability to be a team player
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.