Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Under the general direction of ABM or Market Manager, helps lead the daily operations of the branch to ensure that tactical plans are implemented to maximize sales and provide the highest levels of customer service. Assists in driving company initiatives and results with the branch teams. Creates and promotes an environment where team members are empowered, engaged and committed to the success of the company. Acts as business leader with members of branch leadership team.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Job leads a team, has no authority to hire and performance manage the team.
- Job leads/supervises/manages 2-10 team members
- Executes the Grainger Service Promise and demonstrates, by action, the company Values.
- Provides guidance and direction regarding the day to day activities of a team of hourly team members
- Clarifies direction for team members by effectively communicating initiatives, priorities and company strategy
- Assists in driving the achievement of key operational metrics in the areas of customer satisfaction, sales, safety, development, and operational improvements
- Models superior selling skills and empowers team to aggressively pursue and drive sales results through daily branch activities.
- Provides frequent, direct, timely and candid feedback to reinforce or enhance skills or to update team members on their progress toward meeting goals.
- Monitor counter transactions as part of Service Observe/ Back to Basics /Quality Assurance/ and provide appropriate guidance to team members.
- Facilitates team member on-boarding and on-going training
- Shares feedback with managers for further coaching and may recommend corrective action/counseling for team member(s)
- Facilitates team interaction and communication
- Plans and implements work schedules to ensure adequate productivity and staffing levels.
- Delegates and assigns duties based on workload variance.
- Clarifies procedures and general questions for team members
- Continually assesses processes for improvement opportunities using Continuous Improvement methodology. Suggests and implements changes to enhance defined processes and improve sales and service. Implements and helps team sustain standard and stable work using the GEMBA and Vote process.
- Utilizes sound judgment and best practices to resolve complex customer concerns.
- Fosters open communication between local sellers, branch team and regional contact center.
- Ensures team compliance with all regulatory issues and company policies including HAZMAT AND BBX
- Maintains open communication with ABM and / or MM to address any issues requiring additional management intervention. Escalates issues when appropriate
- Works with key "process owners" in the branch to develop strategic improvement plans.
- Supports company initiatives and projects. May be a "process owner" for a district level initiative
- Serves as the "go-to person" in the absence of the MM/ABM and is an authorized key holder who opens and closes the branch.
- Possess a thorough understanding of KeepStock solutions and be able to articulate that to customers.
- May take and respond to emergency customer calls after hours.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Minimum 3 years customer service and sales experience
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience in a customer service environment preferred.
- Passion for customer service, sales and people development with an ability to energize others
- Good interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills with internal team members and external customers
- Ability to adapt to shifting demands and competing priorities
- Strong problem solving, organizational and decision-making skills with the ability to drive results
- Ability to understand and articulate the vision of the branch to all employees
- Ability to plan, organize and delegate work
- Ability to train people on processes, procedures, compliance and product knowledge
- Demonstrated competence in the use of computers and software applications including SAP
- Able to operate powered industrial equipment as needed
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.