GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. We take the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Services Universal Fleet Solutions (UFS) Mechanical Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Services Universal Fleet Solutions (UFS) Mechanical Engineer will lead reverse engineering efforts, design and implementation of mechanical components and/or systems and technologies for Non-GE Wind Turbines. You will own the hardware design and integration, the system testing & validation, and implementation documents and use your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives.
As the Services UFS Mechanical Engineer, you will:
• Modify and apply existing GE mechanical design and concepts to Non-GE wind turbines
• Assess the mechanical scope of installed Non-GE Wind Farms and/or Wind Turbines to determine feasibility and incorporation of mechanical designs (products / systems)
• Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
• Be able to design, test and validate creative solutions for mechanical challenges in Non-GE Wind Turbines
• Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
• Execute analytical assessments using ANSYS (Analysis System), NX / Enovia and other CAD and applicable engineering tools and systems
• Execute engineering fundamentals such as: good understanding of drawings, geometric dimensioning & tolerancing, design calculations, component system design and validation techniques
• Work with suppliers for product development (spec parts) and internal / external manufacturing shops
• Work with internal & external customers on strategy, prioritization and requirements for new services products and technology for the Non-GE wind turbine installed fleet
• Support customer meetings, including site visits, in support of sales, proposals, requisition, test & learn, and reverse engineering opportunities to solve customer problems
• Lead the development of UFS mechanical design methodology ensuring engineering rigor and capturing lessons learned for future applications
• Interface cross functionally with the UFS Product Line Managers, Services, Sales, Sourcing and other engineering organizations to understand, define and deploy mechanical solutions for Non-GE wind turbines
• Obtain and handle competitive and GE information within the GE Power & Water Intellectual Property guidelines and in compliance with The Spirit & The Letter
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience
• Ability and willingness to travel 15% of the time
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering / science discipline from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in wind
• Able to manage scope changes and flexible to learn and adapt
• Strong analytical skills and demonstrated problem solving ability
• Creative and innovative mindset
• Self-starter / self-motivated
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
• Ability to work with global team members across cultural boundaries
• Proven ability to work under pressure in challenging conditions; strong desire and ability to drive improvement and change
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certified or equivalent quality certification
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.