Recognized as an expert within the company. Anticipates internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements. Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. Contributes to the development of functional strategy. Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirements. Key Responsibilities
- This technical staff position leads and/or develops and executes exceptionally complex technology and engineering projects and leads research and development of new technologies as appropriate. Works on critical complex issues that impact longer term product development and business success measured by one or more of the following: incremental revenue growth, market share increases, key customer penetrations, time to market improvement and commercial value of the work.
- Within safety guidelines design, perform, collect data, analyze and compile reports on unusually complex engineering experiments and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Develop innovative solutions as part of proven track record of significant technology contributions. Recognized internally (across Business Units) as one of the limited number of technical experts in their field of expertise
- Conceive and implement new technology, normally named as primary inventor on numerous critical patents and recognized through awards and/or published papers within the last five years.
- Leads and collaborates to contribute to the development of new principles and concepts. Guides less experienced engineers in utilizing techniques to define methods and new technologies and apply them on unusually complex systems. Involved in judging the approach and verifying the validity of technical strategies.
- Leads and collaborates to contribute to the development of new principles and concepts. Guides less experienced engineers in utilizing techniques to define methods and new technologies and apply them on unusually complex systems. .
- Regarded as the technical expert in their particular field. Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends product, process or service improvements
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.