00059937Responsible for development and implementation of required safety, health, environmental, sustainability and related management system programs and processes.
Deliver Results & Grow Business
- Facilitate Risk Assessment Process (FMEA, Health & Safety Risks, Environmental Aspects and Impacts) in order to mitigate risks.
- Conduct or respond to health and safety assessments/analyses in plant to minimize health and safety risks
- Lead the implementation of the facilities wastewater quality strategy compliance tracking and review/approval of designs.
- Champion sustainability efforts within the facility.
- Perform other duties as required.
Develops & Inspires Diverse & High-Performing Teams
- Design and deliver SES procedure and management system related training modules at five levels: New Hire Orientation, Annual Review, Specialty, Contractor, and Management
- Develop implementation strategies, implement, evaluate and/or certify effective implementation of ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and OSHA VPP programs and standards.
- Establish and maintain medical response program and emergency response organization.
Import & Export Good Ideas that Drive Change
- Coordinate and communicate findings of internal and external audits to management staff, and ensure items of non-conformance are addressed and corrected according to schedule
- Effectively translate safety and sustainability goals and objectives to all levels of the organization ensuring alignment on relevant performance data.
- Routinely review safety and sustainability results with plant personnel to maximize facility performance.
- Foster an environment that supports an engaged safety and sustainability culture.
Build Customer Value
- Participate in industry organizations to stay current on technologies, process and regulations
- Seek, share and adopt ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embrace change introduced by others
- Design, implement and execute programs and processes to protect the safety and health of employees
- Ensure facility compliance with good environmental practices.
- Ensure facility compliance with applicable regulations.
- Establish and maintain appropriate relationships with state and local regulatory agencies. Represent company on regulatory issues with impact outside local plant
RequirementsRequired Education: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Level: Environmental Sciences/Management - Masters
- At least 15 yrs of increasing levels of manager roles of people & processes
- Knowledge of technical practices and programs used in the reduction of workplace hazards. Knowledge of worker safety regulations as they relate to manufacturing.
- Ability to design, develop and implement effective management systems (ISO 14001, 18001, VPP Star).
- Knowledge of procedures used to anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control physical, chemical, biological and ergonomic hazards.
- Ability to interact with government officials.
Specialized Technical Skills
- Lean, Six Sigma
- Food or beverage manufacturing experience
- Expert in behavioral safety
- Expert in biological waste water treatment operation
- Expert in industrial hygiene
- Expert in environmental regulations
- Proficient in Process Safety Management
- Licensed CSP (BSCP)
- CIH (ABIH)
- State licensed Waste Water Treatment Operator
- Registered Environmental Manager (REM) or equivalent environmental certification.
- 50% travel (El Paso and Abilene primarily)
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.