This position is responsible to lead and manage employee health and safety, and facility environment and security processes (SES), within Production Facilities and Distribution Facilities which require Process Safety Management, Wastewater Operations, Hazardous Shipment, and Product, Personnel and Facility Security.
This role reports to Plant Manager and dotted line to Director of Safety, Director Environmental and Regional Security Manager, and will partner with them in implementing and managing Behavior-Based Safety programs, Regulatory training, environmental waste reduction and SES Program Management to maintain and enhance certification to OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 Certification standards, as well as continuous improvement of key performance metrics through project management and initiatives. This role will coordinate with team and functional management, including HR, to manage injured workers including return to work programs. This role is responsible for ensuring effective implementation of site Utilities Management Programs & accurate EHSS metrics reporting.
- Establish, conduct or respond to health and safety assessments/analyses in plant (e.g., medical surveillance, worker exposure, WC assessment, defining drug/alcohol testing protocol) to minimize health and safety risks.
- Lead the implementation of the Company's wastewater quality, asbestos, and ammonia strategy including review and approval of suppliers and design firms, compliance tracking and review/approval of designs. Develop implementation strategies, implement, evaluate and/or certify effective implementation of corporate EHSS Systems. Conduct risk assessment by identifying and assessing potential magnitude of risk (e.g., environmental, safety, regulatory, production feasibility and quality) and creating contingency plans. Prepare for plant emergency situations in plant by establishing medical response program and emergency response organization including management of injured workers
- Ensure provision of timely EHSS awareness and compliance training programs as appropriate to all levels of operations and management
- Ensure programs meet all country and local regulatory & licensing requirements and CCR policy requirements, and includes assessed site EHSS risks and management of compliance calendars and actions
- During times of serious incident, serve as a site member of the crisis management team by directing efforts when requested, offering recommendations, interpreting regulations and completing communication, including government regulators or agencies.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 – 5 years of relevant working experience.
PREFERRERD EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Environmental engineering or management or Safety programs is desirable
- 5 - 7years of relevant working experience.
- Safety: Knowledge of technical practices and programs used in the reduction or elimination of workplace hazards. Includes knowledge of worker safety regulations as they relate to the manufacturing and use of beverage bases and concentrates and to product development.
Environmental Management System Design: Ability to design, develop and implement effective environmental management systems (e.g., eKOsystem or isotype systems). This includes the ability to coach Associates how to effectively assess environmental management system designs and deployment.
Environmental and Health & Safety Regulations: Knowledge of local, state or federal environmental, health and safety regulations; how to access resources (e.g., regulatory agencies, consulting firms, web-based information); and evaluate resources as applicable to facilities within Company system. This includes the ability to obtain access to international environmental, health and safety regulations.
Industrial Hygiene: Knowledge of procedures used to anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control physical, chemical, biological and ergonomic hazards.
Technical Communication to Non-Technical Audience: Ability to break down or modify complex technical information as needed to communicate it orally or in writing to non-technical Company staff (e.g., senior managers, customers or consumers). This includes the ability to use analogies/metaphors understood by the target audience to reinforce points. It also includes the ability to accurately read the audience’s level of understanding and adjust the message/presentation to deliver it at the appropriate level.
- Preferred Level: Preferred candidates will also have technical knowledge and progress towards one or more industry certifications: licensed CSP (BSCP) , CIH (ABIH), state licensed Waste Water Treatment Operator, and/or Registered Environmental Manager (REM).
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.