McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is hiring a Project Manager, preferably in the Richmond, VA area.
Responsible for all aspects of the development/implementation of projects and programs involving department or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a product or program from the design process through a finished state for internal/external customers. Provides a single point of contact for projects. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project which may include customers, client services and various departments (e.g. marketing, computer services etc.). Defines project scope and objectives. Oversees/coordinates all aspects of project and serves as project manager between clients, line management and internal and external resources. Plans and directs schedules as well as project budgets. Monitors the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customer on all matters. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, budgets, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks, and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. May provide project management guidance to project team. Recommends/takes action to direct the analysis of and solution to problems.
Responsible for managing projects involving cross functional teams focused on process improvement. Oversees and coordinates all aspects of multiple concurrent projects. Leads impactful projects between field operations, sales, corporate accounts, senior management, and large suppliers and customers. Plans and directs people, schedules, and budgets. This position requires the effective leadership of non-direct reports.
- Establishes operational objectives and delegates assignments to non-direct reports
- Works on complex problems with analysis of qualitative and quantitative data
- Exercises judgement broadly within practices and policies
- Identifies and selects effective models to solve complex business issues
- Establishes and recommends policy and process changes that have significant effect on business unit
- Regular interactions with cross functional groups, sales, corporate accounts, customers, and senior management
- Requires ability to lead change, gain support and acceptance of change
- Accountable to project budgets, ROI, and timeline
- 5+ years experience in project management.
- Analytical, with the ability to manage Excel spreadsheets and tell a story with data
- Experience/background in operations
- Experience having led teams of non-direct reports to accomplish a project
- Effective communicator with ability to connect with frontline associates to senior leadership (written and oral)
- Must be able to travel 25-50%
- Knowledge of Radio Frequency Webpage and E1 Inventory processes preferred
- Lean and Six Sigma process improvement tools and methodologies experience preferred
- Manufacturing, Distribution or Six Sigma preferred
- 4-year degree in related field or equivalent experience
Benefits & Company Statement
- General office demands with some warehouse environment demands
- Travel 25-50% via car or plane
- Must be able to operate laptop
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
You’re mission driven and so are we. Your military experience aligns to open jobs at McKesson, and we need you to help deliver our mission of helping millions of people get more from their healthcare.