Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Travel Lead provides day to day support for all aspects related to travel at Owens Corning. This includes providing analysis and communication of our spend and compliance for our travel policies, providing daily oversight management of third party travel service providers, and being the subject matter expert for our travel technologies (Concur). Additionally, this role will support all travel initiatives.Reports to
: Shared Services Delivery LeaderJOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for the analytics, reporting and communication of all policies and requirements surrounding the design and the enforcement of company travel and card policies.
- Analyze, monitor and report on global travel expenditures.
- Provide support to the execution of the strategic roadmap of Owens Corning Global Travel Program.
- Escalation point for any service related issues and failures including implementing problem solving management to potential high profile issues by acting with speed while ensuring root cause analysis is conducted and corrective action plan is put in place.
- Strives for continuous improvement on performance by monitoring the current service level agreements and KPI's with our select preferred vendors and shared services partner.
- Ensure financial and operational controls are executed in accordance with policy.
- Manage day to day operations management of third party travel suppliers (Travel Office, Travel Card, and Preferred Suppliers).
- Provide daily direction to shared services offshore team who executes travel help desk support, and executes back office travel processes for OC.
- Subject Matter Expert (Process Owner) for Concur Travel and Booking System
- User Training
- Annual Certification for all users
- New Hire Training
- Escalation point for process issue and resolution
- Primary resource for one on one training and assistance for senior employee travelers and executive assistants
- Execution of Travel Global Processes as defined by the Global Process Owner
Stakeholder Relations and Management
- Develop strong working relationship with key stakeholders within the OC functions and businesses.
- Understand the stakeholder's requirements to continue to drive value through our service offerings and performance.
Leading and Development of Talent
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Motivate and inspire team members to help them achieve their maximum potential including:
- Escalation point for any talent or personnel related issues for third party managed vendors
- Education requirements: BS is required. Preferred 3-4 years travel industry experience with Concur experience but will be willing to provide on the job training for the right candidate.
- Management of third party vendors. EXPERIENCE:
- Leadership: Proven track record of influencing leaders and leading toward a shared goal and vision.
- Travel Industry and Process Knowledge Preferred but will train: Understanding of Owens Corning travel as well as best practices in the travel industry.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Recognizes issues, problems, or opportunities and determines whether action is needed. Chooses appropriate action by formulating clear decision criteria and evaluates options by considering implications and consequences. Implements decisions or initiates action within a reasonable time.
- Project Management: Ability to organize and plan complex projects by identifying critical tasks, required resources, and driving to completion.
- Continuous Improvement Knowledge: Demonstrates ability to recognize waste and drives waste elimination efforts. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
About Owens Corning
- Analytics: Ability to visualize, articulate, and provide recommendations or make decisions that are sensible and based on available information.
- Communication: Clearly conveys relevant information and ideas with confidence and in a manner that inspires the audience. Adjusts approach to capture audience attention and ensures there is an understanding of the message. Seeks to understand others through active listening.
- Drive results: Ability to set high standards and motivates self and others to reach for top performance. Must have the ability to plan proactively, remove barriers, conveys urgency, and acts with decisiveness and focus to deliver results.
- Global Cultural Competence: Understands, communicates with, and effectively interacts with people across cultures. Is aware of one's own cultural worldview; one's attitude towards cultural differences; one's knowledge of different cultural practices and worldviews, and skills to interact effectively. Effectively achieves business results working across and with multi-national teams.
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.