Robert Half Technology is actively looking for a Database Administrator to join a growing company in the IT Consulting industry. If you are a skilled problem solver and have highly tuned decision-making abilities, apply today. This long term temporary opportunity for a Database Administrator is in Rockville, Maryland.
- Verify that the design and execution of database server topology, configuration, and maintenance fulfill SLA goals
- Fix database service outages when they happen, which can include after hours and weekends
- Advise on database design, tuning options, and other potential issues
- Establish the baseline for system performance and detect deviation, suggesting and executing improvements to slow running queries
- Improve performance with the most effective solution, such as hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Handle all database instances, installing, configuring, and maintaining them across development, staging, and production environments
- Configure database monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms