Job Description: Job Title:
Sheet Metal Fabrctr A BE Hunt Summary
Fabricates and/or assembles products out of metal components. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
Tools, Equipment and Materials
- Assembly of sheet metal to fabricate parts and complete units may include some or all of these processes -drilling, deburring, shearing, rolling, forming, punching, fitting, insulating, welding and soldering.
- Setup and adjust machines and dies including selecting the proper equipment for the part required.
- Inspect parts for accuracy and conformance to quality standards.
- Maintain production records and scrap paperwork.
Brakes Shears Electric Tools
Presses (both hand and powered) Hand Tools
Lock Formers Dies / Punches
Measuring Instruments Die Cart
Spot Welders Disc and Belt Sanders
Mig Welders Riveters
Pneumatic Tools Metal (Cold roll, stainless, galvanized and aluminum) Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
Education and/or Experience
- Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Language Skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Mathematical Skills
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Computer Skills
None required. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
None required. Other Skills and Abilities
Regular attendance is an essential job requirement. Ability to work as a team, including all related departments/plants or independently as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Job Qualifications:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.