Sheet Metal Fabricator
Location: Newport, North Carolina
Posted: December 07, 2016
Reference ID: 1966008917
Contract to hire position in Newport, NC for a global manufacturer.
Fabricates and assembles structural metal products such as framework and shells for filter elements and housings using metal shears, rollers, spot welders, and grinders by performing the following duties.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
• Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
• Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, and drill presses.
• Locates and marks bending and cutting lines onto work piece.
• Hammers, chips, and grinds work piece to cut, bend, and straighten metal.
• Verifies conformance of work piece to specifications.
• Fabricates and assembles sheet metal products.
• Operates press break and punch press as required
• Knowledge of installation, operation, maintenance and repair of compressed air equipment is preferred or other industrial equipment.
• Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable and well organized. Basic PC skills, including experience using MS Word, Excel or equivalent.
• Problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to read blue prints.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Adaptability Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Building Customer Loyalty Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Communication Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others' thoughts and actions. Engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Continuous Improvement Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities; generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
Continuous Learning Actively identifying new ideas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
Contributing to Team Success Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
Initiating Action Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Managing Work Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completely efficiently.
Work Standards Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time and operate machinery and/or lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, bend, stoop, walk or work in high precarious places. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled