Supervises a small group (6-12) of hourly associates in a cross dock, warehouse, or transportation management operation. Monitors day-to-day operations for compliance to establish safety and logistics procedures.
• Communicate daily work assignments to all shift associates, Interview hourly associates and provide recommendations for hire, Ensure all associates are treated fairly.
• Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred work processes to improve customer satisfaction, Effectively manage deadline pressures while maintaining a positive attitude, Ensure customer's product is stored or delivered in a timely basis, damage free.
• Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures such as inventory accuracy and control, returns, damages, etc, Understand the relationship between decision-making and profitability, Closely manage associates' working hours and activities to minimize overtime and to meet or exceed productivity targets.
• Understand the location safety strategy and how to apply it in the work place, Continuously monitor and reinforce safety awareness among all shift associates, Lead shift safety meetings.
Growth / Customer Experience:
• Present a positive, can do attitude to the customer, Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives, Determine areas that could benefit from continuous improvement efforts.
• Ensure all equipment is in proper working order, Ensure all maintenance documentation is completed and send to appropriate vendor (PTL, etc.), Ensure vehicles are properly secured when not in service.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
-3-5 years warehouse experience required
-2 years supervisory experience in a warehouse environment preferred.
-High School Diploma or equivalent required
-Bachelors Degree preferred
-Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
-Must possess good communication skills as well as organizational and problem solving skills.
-Must be able to use CRT, PC, scanners, calculators and related equipment.
-Must have SAP knowledge
-Working knowledge of MRP and JIT preferred.
-Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills are required
-Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
-Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.