Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. Do we have an incredible opportunity for you!
You will supervise and provide direct leadership for (4) technicians. Manages work flow and assigns tasks.
The work day is from 8am-6pm, Monday to Saturday
, (some on call work on Sundays.) The average work week will be 40-50 hours.
You will have (4) or more years of supervisory and technical experience and at least a High School diploma or GED. This role will have the exceptional heavy truck repair experience to hire and train mechanics and make repairs as needed. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of employees in the maintenance shop.
- Coordinates and supervises all maintenance work and repairs, and monitors progress and quality.
- Reviews driver repairs and other maintenance requests, and prepares work order documents.
- Performs mechanical duties as needed.
- Monitors inventory of replacement parts and restocks as needed.
- Oversees personnel including coaching, training, evaluating employee performance, and conducting disciplinary action as needed. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Interprets and ensures consistent application of organizational policies and safety regulations.
- Creates and submits reports as necessary.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is shop. A rewarding career deserves outstanding benefits!
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
A little about us:
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.