Job DescriptionJob Title: Shift Technician - Multi-craft (Industrial Electrician and Mechanic)Job Code: 0481Department:
Perform electrical, mechanical, sheet metal, welding and pipefitting duties which involve replacing, repairing, and cleaning equipment and/or component parts.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all functions of the job in a safe manner and promptly reports any unsafe behaviors to the shift supervisor.
- Maintains, installs, operates, sets up and tests all types of plant equipment; both mechanically and electrically. This also includes any lubrication or other periodic servicing of same.
- Reads and works from basic blueprints and drawings to perform maintenance and service, install and/or modify equipment.
- Reads wiring diagrams and sketches.
- I s knowledgeable of Underwriters and NEMA codes and requirements and is able to work to same.
- Possesses sufficient knowledge for correct analysis of mechanical/electrical difficulty and makes necessary corrections.
- Always works with safety in mind and is knowledgeable of LOTO, machine guarding and other safety rules, policies, procedures and laws.
- Assembles, dismantles and/or moves any type of equipment using proper tools, rigging and gear.
- Maintains good housekeeping sufficient to insure safety and uphold plant standards.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on piping, and any plant equipment.
- Disassembles and assembles motors, gearboxes, speed regulators, controllers and other types of electrical equipment. Also works on bearings, slip rings, brushes, gears, mounts, etc.
- Installs and repairs electrical conduit, connections and splices cable.
- Uses all types of testing equipment normally used in an industrial setting.
- Diagnoses both electrical and mechanical problems and develops fastest, low cost options to fix.
- Is willing and able to instruct, train and direct the efforts of others.
- Works alone or in cooperation with others and other department to do any work on any plant equipment in the most time and cost efficient manner.
- Handles all maintenance requests as directed.
- Operates any plant mobile or hoisting equipment for the performance of maintenance/engineering work.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must have the ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of minimal industrial maintenance.
- Must be available for off shift call duty on a scheduled basis.
- Must be certifiable within 90-day probationary period.
- Must maintain a passable score of 77% on bi-annual controls skill assessment exam.
- Must be able to troubleshoot controls related systems using controls PC software.
- Must be able to complete or oversee project work or craft work when required.
- Must be willing and able to train others on advanced craft or controls related skills.
- Must learn new controls technologies and systems as required through out plant
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- The employee must be able to:Log on to company computer system
- Check e-mail; Create, reply to e-mail
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee must have the following:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Secondary certification for Industrial Electrician
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Pass drug screen at prior to employment
- Acceptable background check
- Pass pre-employment physical
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
A little about us:
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology