- The Global Voyage Operations Team manages the safe, compliant and reliable operation of all voyages involving BP and third party vessels, while optimising efficiency and commercial performance to deliver competitive advantage to the BP Group.
- The Ship Operator manages all aspects of the voyage in accordance with the Charter Party terms; engaging with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and acting as the single point of contact for masters and owners/brokers. The role is at the very front line of management and mitigation of BP Shipping and Group Risk.
- Provide commercial expertise and marine awareness to manage risks associated with transportation of hydrocarbons, chemicals and dry bulk. Ship Operators directly provide barriers to many of the BP Group and BP Shipping risks.
- Management of all non-scheduling activity including day to day operations of allocated voyages for owned, time chartered and spot chartered vessels in accordance with the charter party terms and BP Shipping policies and Voyage Operations Procedures.:
- Management of vessel, port and berth clearances
- Generation and issue of Voyage Orders (including load and discharge instructions).
- Intakes and UKC compliance
- Appointment of port agents
- Management of Charter Parties terms
- Deliver the principles of Total Voyage Management to maximise commercial success (including virtual arrival , weather routing, slow steaming cargo heating, intake optimisation)
- Identify and execute optimum bunker procurement (within delegated authority)
- Build and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders offering support and providing guidance to ensure the safe, compliant and reliable planning and execution of voyages. Including:
- Wider BP Group (particularly IST)
- Fleet Operations
- Vetting & Clearance
- BPS Legal
- Owners, brokers and agents
- Provide pre-fixture advice to Charterers.
- Provide commercial expertise and appropriate marine awareness advice to IST.
- To provide out of hours and weekend duty cover for relevant benches. To include support to the BP Shipping Incident Management Team and Business Support Team.
Achieved a professional shipping and/or bachelor business degree or equivalent Essential experience and job requirements
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable flexibility, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and prioritise a varied and dynamic workload
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Previous marine experience (Preferably on LNG, LPG or Oil/Product Tankers.)
- Previous commercial experience (in a shipping environment)
- Knowledge and experience on Ships; Bunkers; Charter Parties; Cargo Intakes; Voyage Orders; Port Agency
Negligible travelIs this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP Shipping Ltd is part of the BP Group (BP plc) and its core activity is to provide the safe and environmentally responsible transportation of BP's hydrocarbons around the world. BP Shipping has a fleet of operated vessels, and also time-charters and spot-charters ships on behalf of the BP Group. A second activity for BP Shipping is to serve as a 'Centre of Shipping and Marine Expertise for the BP Group,' providing assurance in vessel design, procurement, operations, chartering in and out, and ship and marine terminal vetting and port clearanceSegment
Corporate & FunctionsClosing Date
[ "23-Oct-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.