Job Title: Shipping & Warehousing (loadout and warehouse jobs)
Reports to: S/R Supervisor
Basic Job Function: Transport, stage, and loads finished goods. Provide support to the production process by keeping them supplied with raw materials, and handling scrap. Receive deliveries, transport incoming materials and receipts to their intended location.
Area of Work Responsibility: Takeoff area of #2 line, Granulated bagger and baler, stretch wrap equipment, 'A' and 'C' docks, and the main warehouse and the transport routes for lifts.
The Candidate Must:
- Know and follow all plant Safety Rules to prevent injury to self or others.
- Know and follow the Stop Program .
- Know and follow LTT Procedure for all equipment in the area of work responsibility.
- Have a valid fork lift license and a valid state issued driver's license.
- Must be capable of safely operating any mobile equipment that you get licensed on. Including aerial lifts, skid steers, front end loaders, sweepers, etc...
- Perform mobile equipment safety inspections as required.
- Know, follow and utilize the hazard recognition card system.
- Know, follow, and use the Arc Flash program.
- Have good record keeping skills including reading, writing, and basic arithmetic.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50lbs.
- Capable of figuring load configurations, stack quantities, and trailer balances during the shift.
- Record package and/or piece count and type of material loaded onto tier sheets provided. This must be done at the moment the material is loaded into the trailer, not before or after. This is to reduce error.
- This process should also be reviewed as the loading progresses.
- Reviewing each order that passes though your hand during the shift. Must be able to understand and execute to the customer expectations of each order.
- Must be capable of installing UV covers, corner protectors, hand wrap, cardboard, labels, and other customer required items.
- Must be capable of changing bag house bags, as well as keeping accurate records of the changes. This is done by recording the information on each individual bag and on the log sheet in the office.
- Visually inspect each granulated bag or bonded package of felt for visual defects and reject if any found. In addition soft granulated bags or heavy/light packages must be set out. You are the final quality inspection before it reaches the customer!
- Must have a good understanding of the warehouse layout and where different product types are to be staged. In turn you must know where to find the raw materials needed to support production.
- Stack granulated bags up to 50 lbs. on pallets or in trailers up to a height of 60".
- Know how to safely operate all bonded and granulated stretch wrap equipment.
- Be capable of removing and placing pallets safely in the warehouse racking system without damage to racks or material.
- Must be able to learn how to use the different forklift attachments for foil retrieval on the job.
- Recognize and report faulty equipment such as angle board saw, forklifts, dock bumpers, stretchwrap machines, conveyors, etc.
- Keep work area neat and organized (5-S) to permit safe traffic and pedestrian flow.
- Should be able to read and follow traffic flow patterns to minimize congestion.
- Weigh and transport recycle material from the front of #2/#4 lines or warehouse to the recycle baler, granulated line bale buster, warehouse storage location, or landfill bin (this is the order of preference), by forklift.
- Must be capable of safely operating and cleaning around the waste bin compactor.
- Use discretion when conversing with customers, truck drivers and outside people in order to promote good customer and community relations. Must refrain from discussing plant practices or policies with outside personnel.
- Be qualified to perform non-operating cleanup on #2 line and #4 line.
- Must be capable of climbing stairs and getting into confined spaces (after re-classification).
- Must get qualified on a 10K water blaster and be willing to wear a harness during any fall hazard work..
- Be capable of keeping up with line speeds with good judgment, awareness, and driving skills, such that production is not interrupted.
- Assist in non-operating cleanup in all areas as directed by Loading Supervisor or Leader.
- Must be capable of changing shifts to support the training needs of the company.
- Must be capable of training new employees up to standard.
- Be capable of keeping up with the warehouse live load schedule as well as deliveries.
- Must be able to accurate review and account for all incoming deliveries.
- All deliveries must be put away before you can move onto the next truck/task.
- All cleanup from the order you are doing must be done before the next task.
- Understand the loading priority standards for live loads. (LTLs, appointments, and then unscheduled)
- Weigh and transport recycle material from the warehouse to the recycle baler, granulated line bale buster, warehouse storage location, or landfill bin (this is the order of preference), by forklift.
- Must have computing skills and the ability to operate a mobile computer system for load and managing product. Must be able to navigate through the many screens and locations to complete tasks.
- Willing to learn SAP system and comply with all SAP standards.
- Be able to support the cycle counting standards OC has in place.
- Understand the SAP bin storage procedure and how to maneuver in SAP to be able to complete this function efficiently.
- Understand the SAP loading procedure and how to maneuver in SAP to be able to complete this function efficiently.
- Understand the difference between line loading and transfer order loading and able to manage both loading types.
- Understand the SAP bin movement procedure and how to maneuver in SAP to be able to complete this function efficiently.
- Perform bin blocking procedures for quality hold items and understand how to process and unprocess these as needed.
- Know and understand the unpicking process.
- Understand and know how to do the label reprint process.
- Be capable of HU splits and HU combines.
- Understand how to process returns and shuttles in the SAP system.
- Understand how to investigate and solve LTO level issues with the SAP operating system. For Example:
- Why my HU won't scan?
- Why can't I generate this transfer order?
- Why can't I store this material in this storage bin?
- Understand and operate the SAP MII labeling system and their dedicated workstations.
- Understand how to use, clean, and upkeep the SAP Zebra printers.
This job description in no way is intended to state or imply that the above duties are the only ones to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and others assigned; as required. This is at the company's sole discretion
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.