A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas Specialty Gases, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a Shipper in Durham, NC.
Known locally and nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
The primary responsibility of a Shipper is the maintenance and preparation of cylinders in accordance with current Airgas Standard Operation Procedures, local work instructions, and relevant legislation. The position may involve painting and the loading/unloading of cylinders from common carriers, company owned vehicles, and customer owned trucks. Shippers must be familiar and proficient at handling compressed gas cylinders, able to operate a forklift, and flexible in their work routine. A Shipper must demonstrate a dedication to product quality and customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Painting empty cylinders.
• Removes old labels, cleans cylinders using approved cleaning solution.
• Counts incoming cylinders.
• Loads/unloads cylinders on/off delivery vehicles.
• Loading/unloading pallets and trucks to facilitate shipping.
• Blowing down of cylinders and writing Bill of Ladings prior to shipping to retest.
• Ability to maneuver forklift load/unload or move cylinder pallets
• Support Management team with regard to maintenance and improvement of Health and Safety and ISO Quality programs.
• Support plant operations through completion of tasks or projects outlined or requested by plant management.
• Examines returned cylinders for surface defects, dents, cracks, burns.
• Rolls cylinders to designated work area using appropriate, safe work method or equipment.
• Segregates out of test cylinders and any defective cylinders as appropriate.
• Prepare cylinders/paperwork to ship via common carrier
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Complete orders through production planning system.
• Work in a team environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of elementary mathematical computations such as addition and subtraction.
• Demonstrated understanding of company products and operations
Communications/Customer Service Skills
• Verbal: Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
• Written: Demonstrates a clear and succinct writing style for the purpose of preparing general communication and company or branch information documents for internal and external distribution
• Self-motivated and performance orientated
• Pleasant, positive and cooperative demeanor with internal and external customers, suppliers, vendors
• Goal oriented -plans and sets goals and manages time to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and contributes to the achievement of goals for the plant and the company
• Excellent communicator who expresses consistency in words and actions; communicates directly and honestly
• A team player who takes ownership, creates solutions and drives for results to get the job done
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.