JOB SUMMARY: The Shipper position will be responsible for receiving of incoming cylinders and packages along with final preparation and shipping of finished products to meet regulatory requirements and customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Final cylinder preparation and packaging.
• Truck loading and unloading
• Prepare required shipping documents.
• Package receiving and shipping
• Ensure timely delivery of product.
• Comply with safety, health, environmental, and quality requirements.
• Review work instructions as needed.
• Review and provide input into safe operating procedures.
• Safely operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
• Attend and participate in Safety meetings.
• Help maintain sorting area, shipping dock and yard in a clean and organized fashion which is compliant to Airgas safety SOP's, and bulletins.
• Ability to troubleshoot and perform basic equipment maintenance
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
• Must be able to operate forklift and maintain forklift certifications.
• Hazmat Certified.
• Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software suite.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Mechanical and technical aptitude.
• Knowledge of DOT Regulations.
• Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS: .
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent's.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.