Eaton, located in Southfield, MI, has an opening for a Lead Shipping & Receiving Clerk.
The roles primary function will be owner of Southfield shipping and receiving department. Leader of all aspects and functions related to shipping and receiving including but not limited to; development and enforcement of processes and procedures, data collection, data reporting, data storage and packaging and shipment services for domestic and foreign shipment.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Owner and leader of all aspects of shipping and receiving including but not limited to; processes/procedures, data collection and reporting, data storage, and receiving – shipment - delivery of product and material.
- Provide shipping/receiving coverage during core business hours and overtime hours as necessary on short notice.
- Candidate must be able and willing to consistently take responsibility for publication, communication, and enforcement of established shipping and receiving procedures and policies and for the revision of those policies and procedures as necessary pending management approval. Candidate is responsible for development and documentation of new shipping and receiving processes and procedures, presentation of these processes and procedures to management for approval, and for providing necessary training and follow up on systems including but not limited to packaging, labeling, and documentation required to ensure seamless execution.
- Familiar with freight standards for both domestic and foreign shipment and receipt and must keep up to date with all Vehicle Group and Corporate contracts governing shipments.
- Function as a productive team member with management and technical stakeholders (Engineering, Accounting, Finance, and Plant Representatives) and indirect managers.
- Responsible for researching and determining worldwide Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) and shipping requirements and executing those requirements to ensure seamless delivery of products, components, chemicals, and potential hazardous materials.
- Candidate functions as facility contact person for SDS information pertaining to all chemicals entering the campus and as SDS System Administrator responsible for entry of material SDS information into the 3E system and as a contact person for SDS related questions and requests. Candidate is responsible for ordering and stocking packaging supplies required for the safe shipment of inter-company material, prototypes, chemicals, and hazardous materials.
- Process and deliver incoming/outgoing mail, distribution of interoffice mail, pickup and deliveries to and from the post office and interaction with the post office as necessary.
- Candidate is responsible for directing all Southfield outbound shipments to approved carriers.
- Responsible for all documentation related to incoming and outgoing shipments and for the accurate and timely entry of required information into the appropriate electronic tracking and storage systems per accounting and finance policy including but not limited to Oracle.
- As a member of the Facilities Team the candidate will be cross trained to perform inside and outside maintenance assignments.
- Ensure that shipping/receiving department operates within monthly budget parameters.
- Responsible for entering Oracle Requests into the system for corporate groups to process.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of customer support or related business experience required.
- Must be legally authorization to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is offered for this role. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Southfield, MI to be considered.
- Strong customer focus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and successfully manage urgent/high priority requests.
- Ability to effectively in a team environment .
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Able to lift 30-40lb packages.
- Associates degree in Business or Technical field from an accredited institution is preferred .
- Oracle (shipping, receiving and purchasing request entry) experience
- Fork lift operation experience
- ISO14001 knowledge
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.