The incumbent is primarily responsible for manual and clerical duties related to the preparation and shipment of customer samples, components and finished products mailed primarily through Fed Ex, UPS, USPS or other similar carrier.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive and send out product in a timely and correct manner
- Inspect goods for defects, damage and imperfections
- Maintain accurate and thorough record keeping into JD Edwards for rack location of product or retrieving product from racks for outgoing shipments
- Follow all documented processes and procedures
- Checking incoming and outgoing goods against shipping documents and authorizations for correct amounts, part numbers and lot numbers and for damage, excess or misdirected.
- Assist in continuous improvement
- Cross-train in other areas as needed
- Comply with all facility safety and work rules; including, but not limited to security requirements, completing a job costing card and following proper procedures for accident/incident reporting, emergency evacuation, etc.
- At times may require operation of a forklift truck.
- Special projects as assigned
- Perform and maintain departmental 5S procedures
- Follow ISO procedures, participate in ISO audits and complete training
- Work in other departments as deemed necessary to meet business needs.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.