The Shipping & Receiving Clerk is responsible for the receiving and shipping functions, order picking and effective stock-keeping operations within Manufacturing. This position works with other personnel involved in Production to receive raw material and finished goods, staging material for production, and Shipping outbound customer orders. This position works independently to manage incoming raw material, transfers materials from warehouse to manufacturing plant, and ships finished goods to customers as necessary.
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all documentation, implementing continuous improvement in the warehouse, and meeting all customer service requirements, safety, GMP, and quality system standards. This person may also be called on to do manufacturing and other production related tasks.
The successful candidate should possess good communication skills and proficient computer skills. A high school diploma is required.Function Specific Activities: Shift Flexibility Required
Education:Related Work Experience:
- Receive and document inbound materials and finished products for production and/or inventory accuracy using designated receiving procedures.
- Verify correct information on shipping documents/packing slips and in KO information system to ensure accurate customer billing. Maintain product, packaging and material inventory/availability using demand forecasts, historical orders and software tools in order to support the operations plans and customer demand of the plant.
- Move raw materials and finished product within the warehouse or production facility, using forklifts or other warehouse equipment in order to supply production and/or facilitate shipping.Inspect facility (e.g.,production, warehouse, service/installation) to assure adherence to safety and operating policies and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) using Company policies and procedures.
- Investigate and identify root causes of any facility safety or security incident or environmental regulation non-compliance in order to prevent reoccurrence of similar incident at same or other facilities.
- Print daily orders/production plans and distribute to appropriate personnel for picking orders or manufacturing.
- Perform final quality check/inspection for accuracy and visible damage prior to shipment to customer.
- Maintain warehouse inventory levels in order to prepare for anticipated demand using available tools or technologies (e.g., forklifts, ERP systems, cycle counting, orders, forecasts).Sort and set-up the daily production of orders by using a "pick, pack and ship" system in order to fulfill customer/client demand.
At least 3 years Leadership Behaviors:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.