Have Forklift experience? Looking for a shipping department positon? Adecco is assisting a local company to help find a person like you to accept a direct hire- through the door job opportunity! Do not miss out on this job opportunity and very competitive benefits packages.
In this position you would be working for a local Columbus company by operating a forklift, working in the shipping department, prepping paperwork and logging, keeping inventory, loading trucks, and assuring that all product is sent to the right customer in a prompt manner. You may also be responsible to assisting in the running of furnaces and other side work in a foundry environment.
Some of the tasks that you might be asked to perform but not limited to: operate a forklift, sort through recycled metal, assist in the cleaning and drying of the metal to process, assist in the processing and running of the furnaces, assist in the cleaning and resetting of the furnaces, moving product to cooling room with a forklift and assure that it is in the correct location and that it is labeled, prepping or assisting the shipping department.
This Company is looking for some on with the following skills and qualification:
- An ability to and experience in working in a shipping department. Your skills would need to be but not limited to: ability to stay organized, ability to document and log, and ability to plan ahead in shipping.
- At least 2 years of experience on a fork lift with previous certification.
- Must have solid work history and good attendance record.
- Ability to operate a forklift and any other tools or machines that one would be trained on safely.
- Flexibility in tasks and jobs that are asked of them.
- Ability to work in a very hot environment. This job will require you work throughout a 12 hour shift in a foundry and you may be in close proximity to the furnaces at times. There is an ability to access a heat premium on your pay during the summer time.
- An ability to work independently and also as a team.
- Follow all safety procedures and precautions.
- High school diploma or GED.
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this Forklift/ Shipping job in Columbus, IN or you can visit our website www.adeccousa.com to search for other opportunities that are currently available. Give us call 812.372.2722!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.