First and Second Shifts
The Coordinator will work in a primary department within the warehouse, but will assist in other areas as needed. Coordinates and sets up jobs to meet deadlines. Assures that orders are released to be picked, packed and shipped on time, per customer’s demands. A shipping coordinator will prioritize work based on deadline. Resolves routine questions, safety, quality, productivity, and refers more complex issues to higher levels. The Coordinator will understand and follow company safety, production, quality and attendance requirements. The shipping coordinator will have to interact with multiple departments (customer service, production, shipping, receiving, inventory) in order to fulfill the requirements of the position. Shipping coordinator will have to communicate with carriers as needed and perform system transactions as needed.
The Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Completes all paperwork required for the position and maintains it according to procedures.
- Maintains all shipping paperwork required accurately and timely.
- Maintains and meet production and schedule levels.
- Coordinates tasks and production of shipping team to meet productivity goals and customer requirements.
- Adheres to quality control procedures.
- Completes expected tasks with required operating systems.
- Communicates effectively, efficiently and appropriately with all employees and contract workers. Maintains necessary level of communication between shifts.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Process Load Sheets
- Communicates with Supervisor with any issues on orders
- Commutates with dock lead and team lead in shipping on issues with orders
- Schedules trucks for pick-ups
- Ships confirm paperwork and make sure its properly filed the next day
- Communicates with account team on any issues
- Attends morning or afternoon meetings to update status on orders
- Enters necessary information in spread sheet for fails, transfers of product to fulfill orders
- Commutates with inventory on short and empty locations
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.