Arconic Forgings and Extrusions Cleveland Works is seeking a Shipping Coordinator to support second shift operations. This position will be assigned to provide flexible support to the manufacturing plant's second shift (3-11PM) and the incumbent's daily schedule will be either 10AM-7PM or 11AM-8PM.
The coordinator reports to the location's Shipping Lead and is part of the Supply Chain & Logistics team.
This position is accountable for the following:
Interface with internal customers including production, sales, quality assurance, finance, and procurement, as well as the external vendor base with relation to physical distribution to eliminate redundant or non- value-added material flow function.
Direct the workload of hourly personnel to adequately cover all assigned areas including shipping docks as well as Industrial Fork Truck Drivers, ensuring satisfaction of associated internal and external customer requirements.
Maintain reporting devices (as determined by the Supply Chain Manager or other Works management) and act upon associated information to ensure high level of customer service at all times.
Ensure all required system data inputs are handled on a timely and accurate basis.
Schedule workloads of dedicated transportation providers and work closely with their management personnel to ensure that internal and external customer needs are satisfied in a safe and cost effective environment.
Manage and coordinate all OSP shipments to and from the OSP Suppliers.
Work closely with the Shipping Lead for shipment coordination between both plants and export shipments.
Manage approved customer portals for arranging customer shipments, in addition to Arconic's freight portal for all prepaid portals.
Communicate with internal department on issues or actions needed as required to avoid delays with scheduled shipments. #LI-FS1We are looking for a candidate willing to work 10AM-7PM or 11AM-8PMBasic Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of one year of experience in the shipping and/or supply chain function in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position.
- Associate's Degree from an accredited institution.
- 1+ year of experience using ERP/MRP systems (i.e. Oracle or SAP)
- 1+ year of experience as liaison between Company and Carrier
- Prior union workplace experience
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.