Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/MAJOR DUTIES
- Ensures that product received from production or other plants is recorded correctly.
- Load and unloads to appropriate distribution area to ensure that shipping schedules are met.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area.
- Practice and complies with all Company policies and procedures including safety and work rules, etc.
- Performance of other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION/REQUIREMENTS
- Practices and complies with all Company policies and procedures (EEO, Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.).
MOBILITY - Physically capable of movement to all Shipping areas.
Ability to exert force necessary to use handtruck to transport stacked products weighing ( 400 lbs), up to at a distance of ( 300 )feet. Continuously throughout the day (8-12 hours) into and out of transport trucks and low boy humps, up and down ramps with slopes up to 30N, 24' high.
Ability to routinely stoop, bend, and lift product containers weighing ( 20 lbs).
SENSORY - Ability to distinguish color coded equipment, containers, label, signs, etc.
COMMUNICATION - Speech and hearing abilities that allow the individual to communicate clearly and distinctly in English, and/or another language if required.
Ability to generate written communication and operate required office equipment. Ability to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
OTHER - Ability to wear and use approved, applicable safety equipment, as needed.
Must meet/maintain FDC and CDC food handling requirements on public safety for work in a food production environment.
Ability to perform basic mathematical computations. DESIRED EXPERIENCE
Six (6) or more months shipping or related experience. DESIRED EDUCATION
HS Diploma or GED; however, must have demonstrated ability to read, comprehend and record information applicable to the job. Qualifications
- Range of Motion: Range of motion requires forward 12 to 24 inches repetitively and reaching above shoulder level repetitively. Bending, stooping, twisting, and repetitive motion required.
- Lifting: Required lifting up to 25 pounds repetitively. Occasionally lifting in excess of 50 pounds is required.
- Ensures that all internal and external food safety and quality policies and procedures are followed.
- Position is responsible for operating within the parameters of the facility's Security Program with regards to site and product security.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervision.
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.