Summit , Illinois - United States Shift:
8:00 am - 4:00 pm SUMMARY
The primary objective of this position is to ensure all freight is loaded or unloaded in compliance with safety and operating procedures accurately and efficiently. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Load and unload finished products and any related raw materials following proper procedures
- Knowledge of warehouse storage areas and location of all products including samples and accessory items
- Operate lift truck in a safe, productive manner in accordance with all safety procedures
- Fill out daily checklist for forklift
- Fill LP tanks as needed following all safety procedures
- Maintain housekeeping in shipping and warehouse areas including periodic cleaning of forklifts
- Perform cycle counts as requested
- Work independently at outside warehouse as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by shipping leader
- Assist other plant personnel as needed
- Specific to outside warehouse:
- Responsible for security of warehouse
- Unlock and lock gates, office, lights, etc.
- Ensure forklift secured and stored in building
- Complete all required paperwork for carriers and return to shipping clerk
- Monitor inventories and turn over in timely manner
- Notify your supervisor immediately of any accident, near miss accident or on-the-job injury when it occurs no matter how insignificant it may seem
- Operate equipment only when you are trained in its use or are working with or under the direction of a qualified employee, and you are authorized to do so by your supervisor
- Wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times
The employee should hold the following abilities:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic mathematics skills
- Some knowledge of all raw materials
- Knowledge of finished product
- Ability to work with truck drivers in a positive and courteous manner
The employee should have the following:
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Completed and passed lift truck training programs and have a valid fork lift operator license
The employee should possess the ability to:
About Owens Corning
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 lbs without assistance
- Ability to routinely lift up to 80 lbs with assistance
- Work for up to 8 hours in extreme hot/cold manufacturing environment
- Operate/sit/drive for up to 8 hours continuously.
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs and forklift to enter work areas
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - steel toed shoes, ear plugs, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) as necessary for task
- Push/drive floor sweeping and cleaning equipment or tools as necessary for housekeeping duties.
- Ability to rotate or work overtime as necessary
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.