Grow with us as a Shipping Manager in one of our start of art facilities. You will oversee timely and accurate shipments to Distribution Centers and Customers coordinating with corporate transportation, customer service and 3rd party logistics companies, along with driving continuous improvement activity in the shipping department. While you are at it you'll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. And together we'll build a stronger future for our company and your career. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Shipping Manager at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Directing, guiding and organizing shipping supervisors. Directs activities of hourly employees through supervisors
- Coordinating and communicating outbound schedule within shipping department and corporate/contracted resources
- Arranging and determine staffing (both salaried & hourly) to support department schedule
- Maintaining knowledge of carrier pool to ensure equipment availability. Communicates needs to carriers either directly or through transportation services
- Responsible for compliance with all regulations, and food safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining an understanding of processes and functional interdependencies. Recognizes, resolves and escalates, as needed, those issues identified as risks to plant performance
- Responsible for supporting talent management process for direct reports and proactively engage in the development and training hourly labor
- Maintaining effective relationship with union(s) & processes grievances related to shipping
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED and considerable related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively function in a union environment and promote positive labor relation
- Proven ability to manage multiple and sometime conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex situations
- Strong problem solving ability and negotiation skills with internal and external customers
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Experience with SAP and applicable inventory location system
- Experience with WMS and DLX
- Experience with automated systems/ AGV's (Automated Guided Vehicles)
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
The role requires a weekend rotation working 12 hour shifts.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
A little about us: