Position Summary: Ship and receive all goods accurately and timely, in the most efficient manner while adhering to company policies.
- Verify and document all details of in-coming and out-going materials and product.
- Ensure all inbound and outbound documentation is accurate and complete.
- Prepare shipments and documentation for UPS, FedEx, over-the-road, LTL and couriers; including international shipments.
- Maintain records of goods received and damaged goods.
- Ensure that all shipping and receiving processes, and company policies, are followed properly and completely.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma with 2+ years of related experience. Printing Industry experience preferred.
- Skill in reading specifications and identifying the correct parts for fulfilling customer orders.
- Knowledge of routine packing procedures, techniques, equipment, and basic warehouse procedures.
- Knowledge of shipping documents and ability to identify shipping requirements and procedures for specific items using manual or automated processes.
- May require skill in using electric pallet jacks, cutters, hand and power tools.
- Skill in completing manual and computerized forms and shipping documents regarding stock description, units of issue, weight, quantity, and labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials and equipment.
- Requires basic math skills.
- Skill in assembling standard shipping boxes and packing contents securely.
- Operating knowledge of computers (PC), Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate in English - both oral and written.
- Must be able to read and understand job specifications, shipping codes, critical numbering system and work orders.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; and risk of electrical shock. Employees are expected to use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and follow appropriate procedures as recommended by EHS when conditions require its use. This may include, but is not limited to, hearing protection, goggles, safety shoes, lockout/tagout etc.
Lifting up to 50 pounds regularly to move objects. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently sit; use hands and fingers repetitively; climb; and talk or hear; stand; reach (extending hands and arms in any direction); bend, twist and walk (moving about to accomplish tasks); and lift (raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position).