has an exciting opportunity within our Processing and Food Ingredient division. We are looking for a Shipping / Receiving Technician
who is self-motivated, has the desire to learn, and works well with others.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Inspect all equipment to ensure proper movement of meal, prevention of spills and minimize dust created in normal operation.
- Load soybean meal and mill run into trucks and rail hoppers.
- Ensure trucks and rail hoppers are clean, suitable for loading, properly weighed empty, loaded and weight certificates completed for each load.
- Gather samples for all loads being shipped, accordance with A.O.C.S. Official Methods and Procedures set forth by the Production Manager.
- Ensure that information is gathered for and reported on record sheets.
- May be required to deviate from normal process procedures and use independent judgment.
- Ensure operating maintenance and lubrication is completed as needed.
- Ensure meal inventories are taken at end of each day and record on record sheet.
- Perform special duties as needed during shutdowns.
- Maintain all tools issued and monitor them as your own.
- Help establish a culture of safety with team members.
- Complete a thorough training program and pass a written exam on the Process Safety Management Program.
- Participate in annual training classes as required on Environmental, Health, and Safety.
- Spend considerable periods on feet including walking, standing, climbing steps, and climbing ladders.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Able to lift, use tools, shovel, sweep, load & unload, and carry materials up to 50lbs frequently
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 120ft
- Able to stand, walk, and climb stairs continuously
- Able to work in noisy, dusty, and all weather conditions
- Able to be on call and work extended hours as needed
- Work a 12 hour rotating shift
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.