Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a talented Production Supervisor for the Troy, IL facility.
The Production Supervisor will provide leadership and direction for a work group within the plant while being responsible for performance with respect to safety & the environment, quality, on time delivery, cost for their respective area. Must work cooperatively with other functional leaders and managers to optimize the entire product line to exceed the needs of the customer, and is relentless about continues improvement. The Production Supervisor will identify risks to maintaining the schedule. When risks to the schedule are identified, the supervisor will work cross functionally to ensure the risks are mitigated and schedule timeliness is held. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for leading/developing key processes for export shipments and expedited freight requests.
- Understand and optimize shipping and receiving capacities within the plant
- Prepare daily shipping schedules based on available capacity and demand
- Proactively determine potential risks to the shipping schedule and communicate to the appropriate parties
- Determine shipment type (LTL or Flatbed)
- Review current or past due orders for available shipments
- Update and communicate key delivery metrics
- Oversees day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly quarterly and yearly expectations. Lead the Value Stream in daily operations and continuous improvements which include but are not limited to: supply chain production control, establishing manufacturing priorities, coordination of activities with off-shift management and order shipments.
- Reduce operational costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements.
- Lead implementation and achievement of long term manufacturing strategies through lean manufacturing principles and processes.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and contributing towards becoming a lean organization.
- Evaluate the Pull Demand, initiate the process within the production system, loop schedules and identify process & changeover improvements. Emphasize the creation of continuous product flow, utilize pull systems where flow I not currently possible and works to level the workload.
- Ensures the proper application and interpretation of established personnel and safety policies throughout the plant.
- Create the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardize work processes are followed, countermeasures implemented and the area is compliant with safety requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge about employees within the area and the value of that knowledge when applied to specific solutions to problems, specifically in the area of Time Away from Work.
- Must promote a team environment and must develop direct reports through problem solving skill sets.
- Assure that appropriate equipment is provided, adequately maintained and safely operated.
- Responsible for managing team members, employment decisions and performance assessments of the Product line or work group.
- Counsel employees on behavior/performance issues and initiate disciplinary actions if required.
- Allocate the necessary resources to meet external and internal commitments while maintaining budgetary control.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 2 years of experience within Manufacturing, Operations, and/or Supply Chain or a combination of those functions
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position; candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the facility in order to be considered
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong supervisor skill set a must including but not limited to developing individuals, coaching, mentoring and building a team environment.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong time management skill as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge of lean principles, manufacturing and distribution processes necessary.
- Strong practical knowledge applicable to manufacturing environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.