We've got the keys to a rewarding career, drive on over to Penske!
Have the drive to be a part of a top service department? Want to keep the best fleet up and running?
If you're happy helping customers, you're a perfect fit! Penske Truck Leasing is seeking a service writer who will be responsible for the completion of paperwork relating to the Service Department
This is a great opportunity for someone who may be looking to learn the fundamentals of preventative maintenance on diesel vehicles and grow in a diesel career or similar fields related to vehicle maintenance.
Click below to see what makes Penske great!
The benefits to joining Penske are just beginning.
Penske values the well-being of our employees and their families. That's why we offer competitive wages and a wide range of benefits, including medical and dental insurance, prescription drug card, 401K and pension plans, flexible dependent care and medical spending accounts, spouse and child life insurance, employee referral bonus, and discounts with Penske partners.
What do you do as a service writer? The duties include scheduling daily mechanical work for techs and scheduling equipment for repair.
Other major responsibilities include:
- Complete repair orders, fuel analysis, and all paperwork involved in daily office procedures
- Ordering supplies, mailing, and scheduling
- Operates computer terminal to input and retrieve data
- Opens and routes incoming mail, answers correspondence, and prepares outgoing mail
- Greets and assists customers and visitors via phone, email, and face-to-face interaction
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- At least 2 years of customer service experience required
- 2 years of administrative support experience required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint are required
- Customer service skills, ability to work independently, and organizational skills required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information.
- The associate must be able to see and verbally
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, GE Capital Holdings and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 250,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Ready to help the customer and join a great team? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Penske today.
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.