This position can be located in White Plains, NY or Plano, TX
Want to redefine how the world's biggest brands interact with their consumers and shoppers. Want to be a part of the team that is redefining marketing technology. If inventing the future of marketing excites you then apply for the Sr. Manager of Shopper Insights (Data Scientist) and join this talented team.
This position will report to the Director of Shopper insights and help deliver leading edge analytics and insights capabilities to enable commercial teams including Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership and Sales.
We are looking for a highly skilled Data Scientist with an entrepreneurial attitude, capable of working independently. The position will be responsible for working with IT to build and maintain an ecosystem of 1st, 2nd and 3rd party datasets in a big data infrastructure.
The data scientist will develop algorithms for rapid data discovery and prototyping, help design and develop a closed loop measurement system and work with internal and external vendors to develop and maintain a Business Intelligence platform that will allow marketers to develop consumer / shopper targets for activation.Accountabilities:
- Enable dataflow across IT and 2nd and 3rd party data providers
- Work with IT ensure appropriate data governance
- Manage Data hygiene and validation for dynamic datasets to ensure accuracy of data
- Work with commercial partners to maintain business rules
- Develop and Maintain BI platform and ensure unfettered access to marketers and activation partners for discovery and activation
- Develop effective data mining and analytics algorithms that enable efficient data discovery, targeting and optimization
- Build and maintain closed loop measurement system
- Experience in Statistics, Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, or Graph Analysis including extensive Experience in the management / manipulation of large data sets 4+ yrs experience with large data sets and big data / distributed computed platforms (e.g. MapReduce Hadoop, hBase, Hive, Pig or other open source big data query tools).
- Expertise in Big Data Technology Platforms
- Expertise in Statistical Modeling and Programming using various software packages including SAS and R
- Expertise in SQL and relational database management
- Knowledge of syndicated analysis and reporting tools including IRI, Nielsen, NPD, etc.
- Knowledge of Media Testing, Digital Media planning and Activation, Marketing Mix Evaluation and Optimization
- Complex problem solver who can define, assess, solve, and communicate back to leadership in a clear and concise fashion
- Collaborative partnering
Eligible for Standard Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.