GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Industrial Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world's first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running. www.GEEnergyConnections.com
Industrial Solutions, part of GE Energy Connections, empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software and services to protect, control and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. The business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. Industrial Solutions' product and service solutions add to GE's broader portfolio of leading technology solutions for the delivery, management, conversion and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries. To learn more, please visit: www.GEIndustrial.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Shop Service Operator C07-C11
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Shop Service Operator C07-C11 will perform a variety of metal working functions including fabrication and the operation of the equipment necessary for the preparation of sheet metal and bar stock to be used in assembly.
As the Shop Service Operator C07-C11, you will:
* Set-up / operate metal working devices such as brake presses, punch presses, turret presses, drill and tap spot welder, single punch, manual and auto shears and other equipment
* Work from written and verbal instructions using a variety of hand and powered equipment
* Prepare reports or complete necessary paperwork
* Operate industrial trucks such as forklift or towmotor
* Perform other related duties
* High School Diploma / GED
* Ability and willingness to lift / carry up to 40 pounds
* Ability and willingness to operate industrial trucks such as forklift or towmotor
* Ability and willingness to stand / walk for long periods of time
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Understand and carry out oral instructions, read and carry out simple written instructions
* Work alone or as part of a team
* Use non-power hand tools such as hammers, wrenches, etc.
* Set up and operate equipment listed above, requiring special knowledge of processes
* Observe and read instruments, gauges, dials, etc to determine operating conditions<
* Identify and list production data such as quantities, pressures, alloys, etc.
* Prepare records / reports as necessary
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.