Are you a pro at connecting the dots to reveal new insights and identifying strategic and tactical shopper opportunities? As the Target Shopper Insights Manager you will be the voice of the shopper. You will use customer, shopper and market knowledge to deliver independent, fact based, and shopper-centric views of the business. Your deep understanding of Target’s strategies, priorities and guest behaviors paired with your understanding of Unilever’s categories and brands will enable you to contribute to Target’s strategy development, for effective shopper and customer engagement. You will partner with Customer Development (Sales), Category Management, and Shopper Marketing teams to bring shopper insights and new solutions to Target. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnose business challenges and issues in partnership with the Target team and translate them into specific business questions that can be answered through primary research and analytics.
- Develop, drive alignment around, and lead a primary research or learning plan to tackle the top Unilever/Target business issues or opportunities to help drive growth.
- Identify shopper knowledge gaps, both foundational and customer specific. Conduct foundational and Channel/ Category/ Customer-specific research and analyses to serve team priorities.
- Support Customer Development “CD” by teaching new insights to the organization and by sharing and “selling” guest insights to Target all management levels, from buyer to executive.
- Develop strong partnerships with key business stakeholders both internally (regional CD and customer marketing, Consumer Insights) and externally, effectively engaging and influencing multiple levels within the customer’s organization- merchants, marketing, managers and executives .
- Network and make shopper insights travel by embedding global shopper and US consumer insights in the Target team and by sharing insights generated for Target that are relevant in other channels.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4-6 years primary research experience; must be proficient in fundamental quantitative and qualitative primary research methods and analytic approaches and able to lead study design.
- Must be proficient in business analytics and understand common retail/shopper metrics.
- Minimum of 7 years within Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), retail, or customer development insights or analytic experience is required.
- Must have customer-facing experience across multiple management levels of customer’s organization.
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills and experience delivering executive level presentations is key.
- Experience with Target GRM data and tools strongly preferred.
WHAT CAN UNILEVER OFFER YOU ??
- Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Work with Global iconic brands!! Check out our amazing portfolio
- Feel good about the company you work for, read about our sustainability living program here
- "Agile" working - flexibility to work from home
- Career growth - we offer best in class training & development programs!
- Collaborative work environment - we believe working together achieves the best results
- Competitive base salary and bonus structure
- Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Matching 401(k)
- Paid vacation & holidays
At Unilever we are developing new business practices that grow both our company and communities. Our ambition is to double the size of our business, while reducing our overall environmental footprint (including sourcing, consumer use and disposal) and increasing our positive social impact. Along the way we will help more than a billion people take action to improve their own health and well-being. Click to learn more about our Sustainable Living plan: https://www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .