Are you a pro at connecting the dots to reveal new insights and identifying strategic and tactical shopper opportunities? As the Target Shopper Insights Manager you will be the voice of the shopper. You will use customer, shopper and market knowledge to deliver independent, fact based, and shopper-centric views of the business. Your deep understanding of Target’s strategies, priorities and guest behaviors paired with your understanding of Unilever’s categories and brands will enable you to contribute to Target’s strategy development, for effective shopper and customer engagement. You will partner with Customer Development (Sales), Category Management, and Shopper Marketing teams to bring shopper insights and new solutions to Target. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnose business challenges and issues in partnership with the Target team and translate them into specific business questions that can be answered through primary research and analytics.
- Develop, drive alignment around, and lead a primary research or learning plan to tackle the top Unilever/Target business issues or opportunities to help drive growth.
- Identify shopper knowledge gaps, both foundational and customer specific. Conduct foundational and Channel/ Category/ Customer-specific research and analyses to serve team priorities.
- Support Customer Development “CD” by teaching new insights to the organization and by sharing and “selling” guest insights to Target all management levels, from buyer to executive.
- Develop strong partnerships with key business stakeholders both internally (regional CD and customer marketing, Consumer Insights) and externally, effectively engaging and influencing multiple levels within the customer’s organization- merchants, marketing, managers and executives .
- Network and make shopper insights travel by embedding global shopper and US consumer insights in the Target team and by sharing insights generated for Target that are relevant in other channels.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4-6 years primary research experience; must be proficient in fundamental quantitative and qualitative primary research methods and analytic approaches and able to lead study design.
- Must be proficient in business analytics and understand common retail/shopper metrics.
- Minimum of 7 years within Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), retail, or customer development insights or analytic experience is required.
- Must have customer-facing experience across multiple management levels of customer’s organization.
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills and experience delivering executive level presentations is key.
- Experience with Target GRM data and tools strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Office suite.
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .