PepsiCo is looking for a creative, results-oriented Shopper Marketing Manager who thrives in a fast-paced, innovative marketing environment to lead the strategic development and execution of Better Together marketing plans/partnership programming to drive PepsiCo volume, sales and brand equity with strategic Retail customers. Interested in an entrepreneurial opportunity within Corporate America? This position lies within the new PepsiCo Demand Xcelerator team, a cross division, cross-functional team tasked with accelerating Pepsico (PEP) growth, including driving innovation incrementality and media ROI. This experience will develop and showcase the ability to strategically evaluate business opportunities, develop deep consumer empathy to address consumer-based opportunities, and bring them to market to positively impact brand equity, sales and profitability.
This role leads the work to drive PepsiCo (PEP) growth by improving the shopper experience, engaging and converting the shopper by:
- Translating insights and developing integrated programs, including media-to-shelf, portfolio and customer programs to engage and convert the shopper developing retailer custom overlays and integrating equity and customer strategy to deliver best in class shopper programming.
- Acts as a brand ambassador/steward when developing shopper programming.
- Translates the brand strategy and positioning into winning shopper engagement strategies and plans.
- Leads and inspires the development of new shopper engagement models and encourages experimentation with future focuses engagement tools and techniques (across such platforms as digital, social, mobile).
- Proactively identifies synergies, develops and executes power of one/food and beverage ("Better Together") marketing programs designed to drive coincidence demand of PepsiCo portfolio with Enterprise retail partner.
- Understands the retailers' Problems to Solve (PTS) as well as key brand and shopper PTS in order to build strategic programs that deliver a win/win/win for PepsiCo Brand, Shoppers and Retailers.
- Proactively influences brand investment strategy to drive demand for PepsiCo portfolio at key Enterprise Retailers.
- Leads agency briefing and manages all aspects of program development.
- Drives effective media planning with retailer and brand assets.
- Leads commercialization of exclusive packaging associated with customer-specific activation.
- Uses appropriate governance processes to ensure approval and alignment for all aspects of activation.
- Keeps apprised of brand insights, retail industries and consumer trends and uses expertise to educate Marketing and Sales teams and the channel customers.
- Establishes clear accountability for funding of each program / event.
- Promotes superior execution at customer by fully supporting strategy development and program or innovation sell-in with strategic customers and execution partners.
- Assists with key strategy decks including the annual business planning process.
- Collaborates with purchasing to determine appropriate configurations and costs for POS based on creative/budgetary guardrails and ensures ordering communication disseminates to field in timely manner.
- Collaborates with Shopper Insights, Brand and Sales JBP Big Bets to:
- Collaborates with Category and Customer Leadership to develop content for Customer Growth Summits
- Collaborates with BU Brand on the AOP to develop:
- Collaborates with Brand Leads to translate BU business drivers to execution plan
- Collaborates with BU Functional Leads and BU Brand Leads to:
- Leads and manages all agency relationships and Brand program budgets
- Collaborates with Foresights Marketing team and agency partners to identify and test new engagement models
- Collaborates with customer leads through JBP process to identify and to develop unique promotion, packaging and product offerings to enable customer and PepsiCo growth
A minimum of 5 years prior Marketing experience (if Undergrad degree only) OR 2 years of prior Marketing experience (if Advanced degree)
Must demonstrate professional maturity - ability to manage up/down, strong interpersonal skills for interaction with internal/external senior leaders
Prior experience leveraging consumer insights to develop effective marketing programs and campaigns
Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
MBA with a concentration in Marketing with prior marketing experience within consumer packaged goods. Ability to effectively collaborate, communicate and influence in a matrix environment.Relocation Eligible
Eligible for Standard Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.