The Unilever Shopper Marketing Manager - Category Lead Hair Care is the critical collaborator representing Shopper Marketing among Brands, Shopper Insights, Customer Development, the multi-discipline Team Unilever Shopper Agency and other stakeholders. As an experienced field marketer, this individual will lead the development of category and channel shopper marketing strategies that serve as foundation for programming across all customers. As the lead for the category, this manager will be an internal voice of the shopper and key retailers with all category brands. The Category Lead will be responsible for guiding program measurement and effectiveness for use in reviewing category programming and guiding program and brand investment.
This position requires strong marketing acumen, entrepreneurial spirit, organizational skills, strong communication skills and confidence in representing category strategies internally and externally. Category and brand investment oversight will be required to ensure a strategic and balanced investment approach. The Category Lead will lead development on a wide range of multi tactic/discipline programs to support the category and scale programming. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive /Activate Category and Brand specific planning to facilitate programming at top customers against core JTBD, Innovation , Big Bets and Masterbrands and to support the extended customer base – ensuring field shopper marketing programs are on strategy
- Brief, develop and create brand shopper marketing programs for M2S Playbook (for their respective category and for specific scale programs anchored in their category).
- Collaborate with Customer Field teams throughout the planning process, supporting cross brand budget management
- Act as the liaison between the brand and field shopper marketing team from a budget management standpoint – both during monthly/quarterly budget cycles as well as when brands make changes to their budgets throughout the year (cuts and incrementals).
- Build brand understanding of the shopper and our key retailers by acting as the consolidated voice of the shopper and retailer during brand planning and leads annual planning process for the category
- Facilitate a deep understanding and knowledge sharing between brand and field shopper marketing teams
- Represent Shopper Marketing in select Brand IAT meetings and other key brand checkpoints
- Development of Shopper Visual Communication Guide for the category and brands OTIF
- Assist in the development of best in class in-store visibility (ISV) assets through applying brand and customer lens for in-line (permanent) and secondary placement, ensuring superior brand experiences
- Coordinate research/shopper insights to the upfront planning process to develop category facing strategies for our customers
- Owns brand compliance with creative guidelines for new executions beyond initial tool kits
- Coordinate TUS discipline resources (Insights , Multi-cultural, research, ISV) as appropriate & cascade information from their respective category/brands to the TUS team
- Ongoing training of field, brand and agency teams driven by high turnover rates
- Reduce churn on ‘jump ball’ incrementals by adding efficient business solutions.
- INSPIRE: The Category Lead will be the point of inspiration for the category to elevate and deliver best in class equity building programming for our customers. Through inspiring the Team Unilever Shopper Marketing Agency and Brand Building Managers, will be a leading voice in how to win at retail.
- MANAGE: Project/Priority Setting: the Category Lead should expect to be involved in leading and consulting in a cross functional leadership role. Project complexity will vary from turnkey with few stakeholders to multi-faceted with 4 stakeholders. Candidate must have solid project management, prioritization and communication skills.
- SELL, SELL, SELL: Presenting strategies and ideas to both internal and field based stakeholders is a common occurrence in this role. The Category Lead who is able to build excitement and secure commitment for these ideas will excel.
- ANALYZE: The Category Lead will have ownership and management of evaluating effectiveness of all Shopper Marketing programs in the category ranging from effectiveness of communication objectives to ROI analysis and delivery against brand jobs to be done.
- Strong communication skills.
- Highly organized, able to multi task and communicate with numerous touch points.
- Ability to think strategically, and produce results in a highly entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to oversee and track multiple projects with due dates and varying requirements and priorities
- Demonstrated commitment to being accountable for delivered results plus the ability and initiative to accept high levels of delegated responsibility and work with minimal supervision
- “Hands on” person, business driven, excellent marketing skills, and proven ability to develop and execute successful marketing plans for new and existing products.
- Growth and competitive mindset.
- Strong management and team building skills, with successful experience leading cross-functional teams. Experience working with multi functional brand teams environment is also a plus.
- 5 years of experience in development of brand business objectives and marketing strategies.
- Undergraduate degree (Bachelors or 4 year) in Marketing or related field, MBA a plus.
- Strong understanding of consumer packaged goods industry, retail channels and account specific marketing.
- Understanding of promotional tactics and various marketing vehicles such ranging from digital, coupons, print, sponsorships, media and more.
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .