Shopper Marketing Senior Manager
Does the status quo bore you? Do you defy convention? Are you excited by life's possibilities? If so, you are the perfect candidate to help fuel our consumer's passion for what's next. Whether it's partnering with Taco Bell to create Doritos Locos Tacos, designing the next gaming platform for Dew or Doritos, or creating the next best flavor for Lay's or Brisk, we need talented marketers like you to join our family!
We believe our marketers should have diverse experiences, not only prior to joining but also while they are working here. That is why we offer a best-in-class developmental program where all of our marketers rotate to learn all aspects of our diverse businesses and brands. Roles range from regional and global Brand Management, Innovation, and Insights to Shopper Marketing and Sports Marketing. Each experience sheds light into different consumer and/or customer needs, promotional levers and even joint-venture business models!
PepsiCo is looking for a creative, results-oriented Senior Manager, Shopper Marketing who thrives in a fast-paced, innovative marketing environment to lead the strategic development and execution of shopper marketing plans with one of our most profitable convenience & gas customers. This role will be responsible for driving PepsiCo volume, sales and brand conversion with this customer. This experience will develop and showcase the ability to strategically evaluate business opportunities, develop deep shopper empathy to address shopper-based opportunities, and bring them to market to positively impact brand conversion, business sales and profitability. This role will hone skills in building strong team dynamics, dealing with ambiguity, influencing up to the highest levels of the organization, and driving for results. This role provides experience with all of our $1B brands including Pepsi, Dew, Doritos, Gatorade and Quaker to name a few.Key Accountabilities:
- Thought leader that architects shopper marketing strategy for customer by defining key problems to solve for customer, shopper and our brands as well as identifying future growth opportunities
- Plays key role as member of the Customer team to help manage Joint Business Planning, total priorities, alignment meetings, and customer requests
- Inspire agency partners and Program Teams to develop differentiated omni-channel shopper marketing solutions grounded in insights that drive brand conversion
- Champion new ways to engage shoppers across the path to purchase, including communication and coordination with regional key account managers
- Align customer and internal Program Teams on customer relevant programs & strategies
- Fully support Shopper Marketing strategy development and program sell-in with customer and retail execution partners
- Develop strong working relationships with internal PepsiCo teams as well as external customer teams, including sales, marketing, insights, innovation and operations
- Provide rigorous analysis of marketing plan results and recommendations for future programming
- Minimum Qualification: Undergraduate Degree
- Preferred: MBA with a concentration in Marketing
- A minimum of 8 years prior Marketing experience (if Undergrad degree only) OR 5 years of prior Marketing experience (if Advanced degree)
- Prior Customer management/Account management experience
- Creative agency management experience, and expertise developing and executing promotions is required
- Prior experience leveraging consumer insights to develop effective marketing programs and campaigns
- Preferred: Prior Marketing experience within consumer packaged goods
- Ability to successfully manage a matrix environment
- Strong team leadership and talent development skills
- Must demonstrate professional maturity - ability to manage up/down, strong interpersonal skills for interaction with internal/external senior leaders
- Strong Collaboration and Project Management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate, communicate and influence in a matrix environment.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and cultivate relationships
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.