Our Coffee Shop is looking to hire a Part Time Short Order Cook who will be responsible for taking orders and preparing dishes that are currently on our menu. This position also requires cross training in our store as needed.
Duties will include prepping meals by weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, cooking meals, checking ingredients for freshness, and arranging and garnishing the dishes. You will also be in charge of ensuring that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained.
Prior experience in a related position is an advantage.
*All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy. Experience / Requirements
- Take food orders from customers.
- Prepare food from listed items on the current menu.
- Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients according to recipes.
- Grill, boil, or fry meats, fish, vegetables, and other ingredients.
- Check food and ingredients for freshness.
- Arrange and garnish dishes.
- Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
- Ensure that kitchen area, equipment and utensils are cleaned.
- Prior experience in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions.
- Experience with hot and cold food preparation.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
- Ability to use slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service a must.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
A little about us:
We create caring moments by delivering what matters most to our customers.