Want to help people? Then you belong here.
We currently have an excellent claims professional career opportunity available to join our Short Term Disability team in Rancho Cordova, CA. As a Hartford Claims employee, you will join a fast paced team with advancement opportunities and will have responsibility for managing disability claims from initiation through return to work or cessation of the claim, consistent with corporate claim standards policies and procedures, and statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements. Manage Claim Files
Utilize Business Acumen and Technical Expertise
- Role is responsible for planning, recommending, executing the investigation of disability claims.
- Investigation of claims can include critical assessment of medical, occupational and financial components
- Perform analysis and documentation of the various forms of claim data to direct outcome drive claim strategies.
Provide Exceptional Customer Service
- Responsible for management of disability claims for insured, building relationships via phone and email with claimants.
- Utilize verbal and numerical critical thinking skills to gather information, apply sound reasoning and draw appropriate conclusions; make sound decisions based upon mixture of analysis, experience and judgment with management oversight.
- Maintain action-oriented, confident approach to work assignments.
- Communicate in a clear an succinct manner both orally and in writing
Foster Teamwork and Inclusion
- Customer service is an essential skill at The Hartford, our goal is to create loyalty with our customers and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Maintain dedication to meeting expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
Qualifications: What are we looking for?
- Support and help create a team environment that achieves Group Benefit Claims Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
Behaviors at The Hartford
- A passion for customer service
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate
- Desire to advance your career and continuously improve
- Willingness to learn, lead, be led, support others, have fun and work hard
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Ability to meet productivity targets in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills a must.
- Ability to work in a team-structured environment.
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Once you've applied, a pre-employment assessment will be sent to you via email, assuming you haven't previously taken one in the past 6 months. Be sure to check your e-mail regularly for any status updates. To avoid emails from The Hartford being directed into spam, add Careers@TheHartford.com to your contacts. Training Requirement:
As a condition of employment, you will be required to successfully complete a multi-week New Hire Training Course and, upon completion, obtain a passing score on the final course assessment. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon you successfully passing the exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the New Hire Training.
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD