Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Shuttle Driver in Evansville, IN!! Home Every Night - Benefits - Consistent Hours - Stability Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Airgas' customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and so on... JOB SUMMARY:
Drives truck with capacity of more than 3 tons, to transport materials to and from specified destinations, by performing the following duties. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Delivers compressed gas cylinders, liquid cylinders and hard-goods to other branch locations.
- Communicates in person with internal customers, providing information ordering and delivery times, etc.
- Maintains load manifests and all other vehicle documents ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Accurately maintains records such as Department of Transportation Driver's Log and vehicle logs according to state and federal regulations.
- Picks up empty cylinders from branch locations and returns them to plant for refilling following all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Operates a forklift, pallet jack or other warehouse equipment in order to load and unload trucks following all company policies and procedures.
- Perform pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documents deficiencies and all equipment is in safe and good working order.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Reads maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions
- May perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Minimum of 2 years driving experience with a Class A CDL.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must maintain a current Class A CDL with Hazmat endorsement.
- Must have the ability to become Forklift Certified
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.