This is an Operations position responsible for providing efficient and economical service while operating vehicles associated with delivery activities and performing other related duties as required.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Good knowledge of Department of Transportation rules and regulations, vehicle and handling equipment use and maintenance requirements.
- Possess good driving skills to include backing into limited space areas.
- Ability to plan and organize your own work activities.
- Ability to analyze and disseminate data, manage work time efficiently, and follow procedures, policies, routes and instructions.
- Ability to read and write, identify and solve problems, perform basic mathematical calculations including making change.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers.
Essential Duties : (essential functions are in bold)
- Makes a check of manifests, invoices and backhaul paperwork to determine any special orders or instructions.
- Inspects delivery vehicle, per DOT instructions (i.e. checking tire pressure, oil level, gauges, etc.) to ensure that it is set at proper temperature and operating properly. Pre and Post trip inspections.
- Ensures, when leaving truck unattended, that doors are closed and locked and keys are removed from the ignition to avoid occurrences of theft.
- Reports any vehicle mechanical problems to truck shop immediately and completes D.O.T. post trip inspection report placing all copies in the proper locations to ensure proper repair and the availability of a fully operational fleet.
- Parks vehicle, following check-in, removes all load bars, pallets, and hand trucks and places the equipment in the appropriate areas.
- Redelivers and picks up products as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Basic Requirements :
- Must be able to drive for more than 4 hours at one time.
- Meet and maintain MVR violation and insurance pooling requirements.
- A valid Class C Driver's License and a clean driving record.
- Must live in the Houston, Texas area.
- Ability to lift approximately 50-80 lbs. to a level of three feet high.
Preferred Requirements :
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience at Sysco or in foodservice industry
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work environment consists of varying conditions, including but not limited to: outdoor and indoor climates, driving in heavy and light traffic in city and country areas, with varying levels of light, temperature, noise, and roadway hazards/conditions.
General Supervision is received by the Warehouse Manager
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Lee Gersch at 847-979-7650
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
European Imports is proud to be an EEO/AA employer - M/F/D/V.
This opportunity is available through European Imports. This is not a Corporate position. All hiring decisions will be made at the sole discretion of European Imports.
A little about us: