Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
Aramark Uniform Services (AUS) provides uniforms and related products to more than 400,000 customers nationwide, in virtually every industry. From designing and manufacturing to laundering and delivering, AUS works with local and national clients to create and maintain a total uniform solution that promotes teamwork and establishes a professional identity. AUS operates from over 200 locations nationwide and has an immediate opportunity for a Shuttle Driver Springfield, MO
Builds solid, positive working relationships between the Market Center and depots and is highly motivated to exceed their expectations and requirements. Successful Shuttle Drivers must be able to balance work in a safe and expedient manner with accurately transporting merchandise into and/or out of the laundry facility. As advocates for the organization, Shuttle Drivers strive to generate goodwill and loyalty for the organization while performing their work in a professional manner at all times. Description
Builds solid, positive working relationships between the Market Center and depots and is highly motivated to exceed their expectations and requirements. Successful Shuttle Drivers must be able to balance work in a safe and expedient manner with accurately transporting merchandise into and/or out of the laundry facility. As advocates for the organization, Shuttle Drivers strive to generate goodwill and loyalty for the organization while performing their work in a professional manner at all times. Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Safely operates a company vehicle/truck to transport products between Market Centers and remote/depot locations on time and according to route delivery and facility processing schedules.
- Confirms route scheduled and details with Market Center Production Manager.
- Verifies daily preventative maintenance of vehicle/truck, schedules regular maintenance for tractor/trailer, and maintains proper operator documentation, driver duty status logs, daily vehicle inspections reports, and schedules.
- Manages daily route to ensure accurate and timely delivery of product.
- Loads/unloads product per company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Take responsibility for your personal safety and watch out for the safety of others in the Market Center and across the road transportation. Use safe precautions, proper tools, and equipment, and adhere to all safe work practices and policies.
- Knows and adheres to Federal, State, and local highway transportation laws and regulations.
- Carries at all time the required driving license and medical certification as required by state/federal regulations.
- Perform additional duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the activities described above.
- High school degree or equivalent preferred.
- Must be a minimum of 22 years of age, have a valid commercial driver's license, and meet minimum DMV/MVR points per company policy.
- 3-years previous truck driving experience in a similar vehicle to what is required on the job, or equivalent experience. An exceptional driving record combined with a demonstrated history of safe and productive work experience will serve as "equivalent experience".
- Meets all Federal/State DOT requirements.
- Pass road-test (backing, shifting, driving in traffic, freeway, streets, etc.)
- Ability to speak and read English.
- Good verbal/written communication skills and ability to read traffic signs.
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions as to what items must be delivered immediately.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule and prompt arrival.
Exposure to adverse and varying weather conditions which may include extreme hot/cold temperatures depending on geographical location. Fast-paced environment requiring irregular and long hours. Exposure to odors/fumes, noise, and vibration. Physical Requirements
Must be able to routinely lift and maneuver a minimum of 25 lbs. and load/unload product from truck without assistance. Must be able to occasionally lift and maneuver 50+ lbs., stand/walk while loading and unloading, frequently sit while driving for prolonged periods between locations, and requires the use of hand for grasping and other manipulations. Must be able to occasionally push and pull a force up to 50+ lbs. moving carts and pallets. Requires bending, squatting, climbing, and reaching.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.