Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Class A Driver in Waukesha, WI! Very little manual handling of product. Home every night!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Class A Driver! Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. Key Responsibilities:
Loading and unloading trucks, making deliveries, completing all shipping documents, following all applicable SOP's including DOT regulations, communicate with Branches concerning schedule changes, etc. Delivery Driver will also move cylinders and inventory with forklifts or carts, and report any unsafe conditions, perform vehicle inspections and maintain vehicle. Must be able to follow DOT regulations, have driving experience, Class A CDL with Hazmat and a clean driving record. Working condition is industrial setting and includes outdoor work in inclement weather.
Qualifications: Successful candidate will:
- Upload, deliver and download safely to Airgas customers cylinders containing compressed gases; return empty cylinders to the plant for refilling.
- Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Maintain appropriate driver's license.
- Other duties as assigned.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
- Have a High School Diploma or GED (preferred but not required).
- Have a Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Driver's License with Hazmat, (or ability to obtain Hazmat after hired) with good driving record.
- Twelve months of driving experience in the last 4 years, or graduate of a Truck Driving School.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 - 50 lbs, and occasionally lift 51 - 80 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally more, with a cart, cylinders up to 800 lbs.
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours.
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
- Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Minimum of 21 years of age per DOT regulations.
- Must be able to operate in a Drug Free Workplace.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...! What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.