1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
SIC Analyst - Manager
Capital One is looking for a Security Intelligence Center (SIC) Manager with network security monitoring experience to join our team in McLean, VA. This position is not traditional management, and will require front line leadership. You will be in the weeds with our tools and investigations, not only assisting our analysts with daily investigations, but also taking time to hunt for active compromise and developing advanced use cases that can be used to detect active or attempted compromise. You will be empowered to identify and drive projects that increase the effectiveness and capability of the SIC. In addition to the technical skills, you will be motivating the team, working with the analysts on their career growth and skills development, and driving team culture. The expectation is that you will apply your expertise by identifying ways to positively impact team performance and encourage and drive innovation, while displaying a customer service attitude to the SIC’s partners and those you lead.
- At least 2 years in a people management role
- At least 4 years in a Cybersecurity operations role
- At least 3 years of experience with coordinating and supporting incident handling and remediation
- At least 4 years of experience leveraging core security and infrastructure technologies during investigations (e.g. firewall logs, network security tools, malware detonation devices, proxies, IPS/IDS)
- At least 3 years of experience analyzing common application and network based attacks
- At least 4 years of experience working with *nix and Windows operating systems
- At least 4 years of experience interpreting, and identifying abuse in, routed and routing protocols and application traffic
- At least 3 years of experience with PCAP analysis, including extracting files and content from PCAPs, identifying gzipped content, and base64 detection
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, or equivalent military experience
- SANS GIAC 503 or 504 Certifications
- At least 3 years in a people management role
- At least 6 years in a Cybersecurity operations role
- At least 1 year of experience with dynamic malware analysis
- At least 2 years of experience with configuring security appliances
- At least 2 years of experience developing SIEM alerts and IPS/IDS signatures
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.