Serving the community for nearly 60 years, Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center
provides Las Vegas and the Southwest region with high quality, advanced healthcare services. Sunrise Hospital is the largest acute care facility in Nevada. Sharing the same campus as Sunrise Children's Hospital, Nevada's largest most comprehensive children's hospital Position: RN Charge Full Time Nights Specifics on the Adult Oncology Services Unit :
- 22 private rooms on the 4th floor of Tower II on the Sunrise campus
- Sleep area for a family member in every patient room
- All rooms wired for telemetry monitoring
- Aesthetically pleasing environment with a quiet, secluded feeling that offers warmth and comfort to patients and visitors
- An experienced staff knowledgeable in the latest treatments, techniques and patient amenities
- American Cancer Society Patient Navigator and volunteers on-site as needed to assist patients and their families throughout their hospital stay
- Open during visiting hours
- Chemotherapy administered by registered nurses with specialized training
- Clinical pharmacists are specially trained in chemotherapy
- Urology Certified Registered Nurse
- A Cancer Resource Center that provides information on diagnosis and treatment for patients and their families
- All rooms have wi-fi connectivity
- Our Cancer Care program at Sunrise is accredited by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer and is recognized by the Commission on Cancer as a Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program (the only such program in Las Vegas), which means our program meets stringent criteria for services and quality
The RN Charge General Nurse supervises nursing service activities in assigned nursing unit for the duration of the assigned shift or in the absence of nursing management. The task and responsibilities of this position include:
- Participates and anticipates actively in the planning and distribution of patient assignments.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care and addresses any issues that affect the desired patient outcomes.
- Supports nursing staff in communication with physicians to include accepting
oddoctors' orders and communicating patient condition.
- Facilitates the process of reporting patient status to the following shift of nursing personnel.
- Manages the nursing care of assigned patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.Qualifications:
Note: Upon submitting your application, you will be sent an online assessment that must be completed. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive this in your regular e-mail account.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current NV RN license.
- Current BLS and ACLS.
- Current education in area of practice required.
- Current education in Management/Leadership required.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of acute care experience in a Medical Surgical (Oncology Preferred) setting.
- Minimum of 6 months to 1 yr exp as a Charge RN in Medical Surgical (Oncology Preferred) setting.
- Must pass the National League of Nursing medication test with a score of 80%/higher.
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom